Santo Cuviso translates as “holy bacanora.” That’s how the Jesuit missionaries referred to it back in the summer of 1756 when the Opata Indians offered it up as a healing remedy. It didn’t take long for the Jesuits to praise the benefits of a daily dose. Legend has it that they broke their bread with it religiously, certain that each and every agave plant is a gift from God.
Santo Cuviso is 100% organic, 100% wild and 100% sinfully good = Elixir of Life
Crafted to remind you that sometimes the best way to refresh your soul is to allow your lips to kiss a little spirit every day.
- CATEGORY Bacanora Blanco 100% Agave
- VARIETY Agave Angustifolia
- COOKING Conical stone oven using encino and mesquite wood
- GRINDING heartbreaking mill
- FERMENTATION 6 to 12 days
- DISTILLATION Double distillation in copper still
- STATE Sierra de Sonora
- REGION Sonora
- TOWN Bacanora
- MAESTRO BACANORERO Manuel “El Toro” Chacón (3rd Generation Bacanorero)