- Drying though subtly sweet with white grape
- Paired with wormwood elegance
- A peppery touch of coriander and a light-whisper of thyme
- Slightly chilled
- Pairs well with stone fruits and spices
- Great addition to any martini
- SILVER WSWA 2019
- GOLD, PACKAGING DESIGN Los Angeles Int’l Wine Competition 2015
- SILVER Los Angeles Int’l Wine Competition 2016
- GERMAN VERMOUTH OF THE YEAR Berlin International Spirits Competition 2017
Infused with native regional and vineyard botanicals. The large, steep south-facing slope of the Grand Cru Saarburger Rausch vineyard, it’s rough Devonian shale soil and the cool climate of the Saar are perfect conditions for the beginnings of this fine vermouth.
The minerality and fruit of the hand-picked Saar Riesling, the bitterness of the wormwood and the floral, spicy aromas of the regional herbs and flowers give this selection its unique lightness and elegance.
Handcrafted in small batches with limited availability.
Wheat, Rye, and Spelt
[ Grains + Yeast + Water ]
Copper Pot Still, 50% alc/vol
Hybrid copper pot still with 4-step column*, 94%alc/vol
Ferdinand’s Neutral Grain Spirit
Ferdinand’s Neutral Grain Spirit + Botanicals
4-8 days Maceration
2014 Rausch Spatlese** and Ortswen Dry***
Zilliken Estate Riesling
960L Mosel Fuder Casks
Aged 2-3 Months
Ferdinand’s Saar Dry Vermouth
**Spatlese classification is the lightest of the late harvest wines. These wines were left on the vine a little longer to gain more sugar content, resulting in a richer wine.
***Ortswein is part of a newer classification in Germany known as VDP. These wines originate from a village’s best vineyards that are planted with grape varietals typical of their region.