Initial introduction of floral, spicy notes of Keffir
lime and other citrus
On the palate vanilla marinated juniper is
followed by pine, elderflower, and smoky
Balance of juniper with coriander
Use with vermouth in stirred cocktails in a
Substitute Stella Nova for rum in a Mai Tai
Use in a split base with bourbon or rum
1 3/4 oz Spirit of Hven Stella Nova
1/4 oz Maraschino
3/4 oz Sweet vermouth
2 dashes Angostura bitters
Stir all ingredients together
Strain into coupe
Garnish with a lemon peel
If Johanes Kepler was known for one thing, it was his persistence in keeping meticulous records of his findings in the skies. Stella Nova, is no different. This dry gin is aged in various barrels to produce what is assuredly one of a kind. Using different barrels with varying barrel chars, Spirit of Hven uses a solera style system to blend its aged Organic gin into a stand-alone masterpiece.
Stella Nova consists of 5 separately aged gins and blended at very specific percentages:
• 6.5% Spirit of Hven Organic Gin, The Original; rested ten (10) years in charred virgin casks made from Chinkapin Oak
• 7.3% Spirit of Hven Organic Gin, The Original; rested eight (8) years in toastedvirgin casks made from Sessile Oak
• 8.8% Spirit of Hven Organic Gin, The Original; rested three (3) years n Chinkapin casks freshly emptied Spirit of Hven Single Malt Whisky non-peated
• 8.8% Spirit of Hven Organic Gin, The Original; rested three (3) years in Chinkapin Oak casks freshly emptied Spirit of Hven peated Single Malt Whisky.
• 68.8% Spirit of Hven Organic Navy Strength Gin; rested six (6) months in Chinkapin Oak casks that previously held Spirit of Hven Organic Vodka.
• Stella Nova is an effective substitute in a Martinez, Negroni or used in conjunction with nutty sweet Vermouths.
SOLERA PROGRAM AT HVEN
Spirit of Hven never uses more than one fifth of each barrel. Once aged gin
is removed, it is directly replaced to contribute to consistency.