The Distillery was founded in 1852 by William Mackenzie. When he died in 1865, his widow leased the distillery to James Fleming, a banker from Aberlour. Together with William Mackenzie’s son he founded Mackenzie and Company.
1884 Dailuaine is renovated and enlarged. 1891 Dailuaine-Glenlivet Distillery Ltd. what was founded. 1898 Dailuaine-Glenlivet and Talisker Distillery Ltd. are fused to Dailuaine-Talisker Distilleries Ltd. 1915 Thomas Mackenzie and the company is sold to John Dewar & Sons, John Walker & Sons and James Buchanan & Co. one year later. 1917 A fire destroys the pagoda-roof. The distillery closes and reopens three years later. 1925 Dailuaine is bought by Distillers Company Limited (DCL) in 1925. 1960 The Distillery is completely renovated and is expanding from four to six stills. 1983 Since this time the malt is no longer produced inhouse. 1987 Dailuaine is taken over by United Distillers (UD)